Wednesday 27 August 2014

Gawolebismillah!



Welcome to Bishy's Cypriot Ramblings, and my opening blog piece Gawolebismillah. My new blog will primarily focus on all things Cypriot. As I am of Turkish Cypriot descent, it will likely lean towards my own heritage although knowing me I will look to divert and comment on all sorts of other areas - Jack of all trades master of none.

I hope my future Cypriot ramblings will make you smile, may even make you angry, but most important of all, will provoke some food for thought. I tend not to stand in silence when there is injustice in the world and god knows there is enough of it to last a lifetime and more.

Most Cypriots are an opinionated bunch and I am no exception. On the issue of the Cyprus Problem it is nothing but a disgrace that the deadlock has been allowed to drift for so many decades. So many parties are responsible, or have contributed to this and anyone who has any knowledge on the 'Cyprob' will know exactly who and what I am talking about.

I will write again soon and look forward to engaging with as many people as possible. Tonight I will be off to see my beloved Gooners against Turkish-giants Besiktas. Not really a dilemma for me...c'mon you Gunners!!

Ciao for now.







No comments:

Post a Comment